Many organizations, either private or business type are finding difficult to use a single access point for 2 or more co-located detachments. Buying additional access points is a viable but unnecessary option. Instead, employing the best long range wireless router will solve this problem.
For example, let’s say that you are running an aparthotel with several objects co-located on an area close to 10,000 sq. feet. Your first respond to this problem would be to either lay down cables and connect different access points with the central hot spot or to buy 2 or more additional hot spots. This is completely unnecessary regardless of the fact that your router is incapable to send and receive a signal from every detached working station or place.
What you need is a simple range extender.
What is a Range Extender
Range extenders are additional devices used along with routers to extend the signal range and further bridge different types of networks. It is a wireless device with hubs to wire-connect additional working stations or sharing and printing devices.
But it goes beyond just amplifying the signal. Modern and advanced range extenders provide master control to even less experienced users. For example, you may use the range extender to control your network’s range, specific user connectivity permissions and/or restrictions and even to enhance the security of your network.
The latter is possible due to the installed security protocols using WPS, WPA and WPA2 encryptions.
Some are simpler than others and same goes in terms of price. Picking the optimal one considering your needs and price may present a challenge.
10 Features of Range Extender that Makes a Great Deal
You are looking for this combination:
- Wide covering, up to 10,000 sq. feet
- Powerful amplifiers, preferably dual 2.4 GHz with high gain antennas capable of penetrating several walls and other possible obstacles or Wi-Fi blind spots
- Option to wire-connect different devices working on different network protocols (i.e. personal computers, printers, A/V devices for HD stream)
- Fast speeds (up to 300 Mbps) with MIMO Wi-Fi technology to be able to enhance the radio signal using multiple transmit and receive antennas to exploit multipath propagation
- Compact and redundant, in other words device that is using universal and standardized technologies so it could work with any type of 802.11b/g/n routers and networks in use today
- User access control so you would be able to limit the access of certain users to specific device(s)
- Access scheduling and extended security protocols to be able to precisely determine the on and off time of the network using separate security features for guest users
- Ability to create additional guest networks
- Ability to fine-tune the coverage of your network, and of course
- The affordable price.
It may seem close to impossible to locate and purchase device with all of these features. Even if there is one, it will fail to comply with the last demand – the optimal and affordable price.
However, there are few of them and one specific range extender demands further attention.
Single Wireless Router
Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N 600mW Smart Repeater and Range Extender (SR10000)
In addition of complying to all of the above 10 preferable features of range extenders Amped Wireless High Power Wireless-N 600mW Smart Repeater and Range Extender (SR10000) is a one powerful device. For instance, in difference from standard devices, Amped Wireless SR10000 uses up to 600 mW of output power whereas standard devices work with just 50 mW. It goes even further, and with antenna power of 5 dBi, it outperforms the vast majority of similar devices working on less than 1 dBi.
Amped Wireless SR 10000, as the series emphasizes, covers up to 10,000 sq. feet area. Using dual high-power 2.4GHz amplifiers, SR 10000 makes sure that there are no blind spots within the area of coverage.
How it Works
Device receives the signal from your home/office router or modem then amplifies and retransmits the radio signal to new location(s) within a space you pre-defined using a simple user interface.
Cover range can be extreme because Amped Wireless SR 10000 is equipped with advanced dual amplifiers and detachable antennas. It is what is giving the capability to retransmit the signal over 10,000 sq. feet of space.
Configuration of the device and additional features is extremely easy due to the simple user interface.
In the same time, price is more than acceptable.
When all is analyzed, Amped Wireless SR 10000 presents a unique opportunity and sure is a device to consider. It does make life easier when communications are running smoothly, doesn’t it? Simplify your life.